Creamy mushroom soup. Creamy mushroom soup is such a hearty and warming soup and so good for a winter day; this smooth mushroom soup recipe has intensely earthy flavours. Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup is full flavoured and so easy to make, you won't buy soup in a can again! The secret to this deep rich soup is a long slow caramelization, the key to unlocking the mushroom's magic.
Well, it not only makes me want to dance and sing, but it also makes me want to. This easy homemade cream of mushroom soup is creamy without a lot of cream! It's made with loads of mushrooms and that's about it. You can cook Creamy mushroom soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy mushroom soup
- It’s 90 g of salted butter.
- You need 1 of large white onion.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic paste (or 1 clove crushed).
- You need 450 g of chestnut mushrooms.
- It’s 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 1 litre of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 of chicken stock pot.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of milk or cream.
So quick and easy, you'll never buy the canned version again. Cream of mushroom soup is a simple type of soup where a basic roux is thinned with cream or milk and then mushrooms and/or mushroom broth are added. It is well known in North America as a common type of condensed canned soup. Cream of Mushroom Soup. by Michael Chu.
Creamy mushroom soup step by step
- Prep your ingredients. You will need a chopping board and knife, large saucepan, blitzer and wooden spoon..
- Finely cut the onions and add to a large saucepan with the garlic and butter. Lightly fry for 8-10 mins till soften but not browned..
- Chop the mushrooms into small cubes and add to the cooked onions. Fry for 3 mins till the mushrooms are softened..
- Add the flour and stir through the mushrooms so all coated. Add the stock pot, water, bay leaf and parsley. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins with a lid on the saucepan..
- Using a blender (I used my nutribullet smoothie maker!) remove the bay leaf and blitz the soup till completely smooth. Put the smooth liquid back into the saucepan on a low heat and add the milk (or cream) a good few turns of cracked black pepper and warm through then serve..
- Enjoy with some toasted sourdough 😋 if you have any sour cream you could also do a nice swirl when serving!.
One of the recipes that I keep getting asked for is a Cream of Mushroom Soup that doesn't come out of a can. A rich and filling mushroom soup with both wild and porcini mushrooms. Use porcini and wild mushrooms to make this rich and creamy soup that makes a filling yet light supper for cold nights. Vegan Mushroom Soup – From casual to elegant, this creamy mushroom soup is dairy-free, easy to make, tastes amazing and is a mushroom lover's delight! Brimming with mushrooms and full of.