Super-simple Pea and Mint Soup. Pea and mint soup is so easy; you will be delighted in its simplicity. Pea and mint soup, a superhealthy vegetarian starter or snack, from BBC Good Food. Serve the soup in bowls, garnished with the remaining buttermilk and the drained peas.
Each gives it a subtle yet distinct taste that changes slightly by onion. Pea and mint soup tastes equally good, or perhaps even better the next day! Peas and mint are perfect partners and taste fantastic in this super-simple soup. You can have Super-simple Pea and Mint Soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super-simple Pea and Mint Soup
- Prepare 200 grams of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 small of onion.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh mint.
- Prepare 300 ml of vegetable bouillon.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh yogurt.
Click now to find out more at Sainsbury's recipes. All Reviews for Sweet Pea and Mint Soup. This minty pea soup is as fresh and easy as it gets and tastes wonderful when served with crisp Parma ham or bacon. Add the mint leaves and bring the liquid back to the boil.
Super-simple Pea and Mint Soup instructions
- Chop the garlic and onion and fry in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the peas and the vegetable bouillon and enough water to cover the peas.
- Bring to the boil then turn down the heat to simmer for around 10 minutes.
- Chop the mint, leaving a few leaves aside to serve.
- Add the mint to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Use an immersion (or regular) blender to puree the soup.
- Serve hot and place the yogurt on top with some of the mint leaves.
Be sure not to fill the blender more than halfway full or the soup will explode everywhere. Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a sprig of mint and serve the spring pea and mint soup alone. This is a simple, delicious soup that can be served either hot or cold. Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, bring the soup to a simmer.