Lentil soup. Don't settle for bland Lentil Soup! Make it right and you'll have everyone begging for seconds….and thirds… This lentil recipe is one of the best nourishing, simple dishes you can make with dried lentils. Lentils are coupled with vegetables for this family-friendly lentil soup.
Dehulled yellow and red lentils disintegrate in cooking, making a thick soup. It is a staple food throughout Europe and the Middle East. Lentil soup is a culinary wonder. You can cook Lentil soup using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lentil soup
- You need 1 lb of lentils.
- Prepare 12 oz of can petite diced tomatos.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 c of frozen onion and pepper.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 (12 oz) of cans of broth.
It's creamy without any dairy, satisfying and protein-packed without Essentially, lentil soup is everything we need right now. This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the. Lentil Recipes, Lentil Soup, or Pasta with Lentils (with secret ingredient) How to Make! Greek Red Lentil Soup Recipe from The Mediterranean Dish.
Lentil soup step by step
- Rinse lentils then boil for 30 minutes, season the boiling water with 1 tblsp each cayenne and paprika. (Can be done ahead of time, perfect prep to do on the weekend then toss the soup together after work).
- Rinse lentils, set aside or store in fridge. Can be made up to 3 days ahead of time..
- Dice carrot and garlic..
- Add garlic, onion, pepper, carrot to medium heat w 1 tbl oil until onions sweat…about 4 mins.
- Stir tomatos, mix completely and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils & broth + 1/2 c water, simmer for 30 minutes..
- Using emulsion blender for texture is optional. Image is without emulsion blender..
This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible! This is the best lentil soup plus prep is quick and it's so easy to make! It's packed with fresh veggies, zesty Italian flavors and plenty of protein rich lentils. Lentil Soup, My Favorite Way to Prepare This Little Legume. My fondness for lentils has definitely These days, my favorite way to use lentils is in making a delicious lentil soup.