Onion soup. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with.
French Onion Soup is essentially caramelised onion in soup form topped with cheesy bread. Caramelising onions calls for patience, but it's worth it. How to make French Onion Soup. You can cook Onion soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Onion soup
- It’s 2 of onion.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlics.
- Prepare 500-700 ml of Chicken/ beef stock.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Pepper.
This onion soup recipe is a great way to use up a lot of onions, and it's an easy soup to prepare, but it will take a little. Learn how to make French onion soup with this classic French onion soup recipe! It's easy to make, full of amazing flavor, and can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock. With this easy onion soup recipe, you can enjoy homemade, healthy onion soup whenever the Soup, glorious soup.
Onion soup instructions
- Put the onion and garlics into the pan with medium low heat. Keep stir frying until it become transparent. (8-10 minutes).
- Add salt and pepper, and keep stir frying..
- Put in sugar when the onion become caramelised. Keep stirring until it become gold in color.
- Put the chicken stock (beef stock is also okay). Turn to low heat and keep boiling for 40 mins (or more).
It's such an easy way to start a multi-course meal or, paired with a side salad. A hot bowl of french onion soup is the perfect meal on a crisp, cool day. I especially love it when there's a thick chunk of French bread topped with glorious melted cheese floating in the middle of the. Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties.