Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup. I was looking for a Chicken and Rice Soup with Spinach, but wanted to make it quickly so I cooked it on the stove top in my soup pot. I used cooked Jasmine rice from the freezer. I sauteed the garlic and chopped red bell pepper in olive oil before adding the other ingredients.
Add mushrooms and cook til a little brown. Then add the flour stir and stir continually for one minute so it is well mixed. Now in a good sized Dutch Oven or Soup Pot pour in all of the chicken stock. You can cook Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup
- You need 4 of chicken breasts cooked & cubed.
- It’s 12 oz of baby spinach( 2 sm. bags ).
- It’s 1/4 cup of cooked whole grain rice (or rice of choice).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter & olive oil (both or choice of one).
- It’s 1 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 8 oz of mushroom buttons sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole milk or half & half.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1 dash of salt is optional.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes crushed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 10 cup of chicken stock msg free.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic minced or can use garlic powder (3 tsp).
Stir in the chicken stock, thyme, salt, pepper, nutmeg and red pepper flakes. Raise the temperature to high and bring just to a boil. Stir in the half-and-half and white wine. Add the cooked wild rice and shredded chicken.
Spinach with Chicken, Mushrooms and Rice Soup step by step
- Sautee all vegetables except mushrooms until soft. Add mushrooms and cook til a little brown. Then add the flour stir and stir continually for one minute so it is well mixed..
- Now in a good sized Dutch Oven or Soup Pot pour in all of the chicken stock. Stir occasionally over medium high heat until the soup thickens a little..
- Add all the spices and cooked ingredients. Stir in the milk and wine. Save the spinach for last. After it is washed and drained slowly add handful at a time. The spinach will shrink and allow room for more. Simmer a few minutes more then enjoy..
Add long grain and wild rice mix and stir while bringing to the boil. When the stock is ready, strain the liquid over the vegetables and mushrooms. Keep the chicken carcass and pick off the cooked meat in small pieces. I like to use a variety of mushrooms from button, to cremini, shiitake, oyster, etc. and I saute them in butter before moving on to the veggies. One Pot Creamy Parmesan Chicken with Mushroom Rice will be one of the best things you will ever eat!