Hearty Vegetable Barley Soup. This hearty tomato-based vegetable barley soup recipe features potatoes, celery, onions, cauliflower, carrots, and spinach for a power-punch of protein, calcium, and a plentiful host of other nutrients. It can be a one-pot recipe for stovetop or even made in a slow cooker. These hearty vegetable barley soup is versatile, filling, delicious and perfect for reheating as leftovers.
This Barley Vegetable Soup recipe easy to make, veggie-packed, and super healthy. Your whole family will love this homemade vegetarian / vegan Barley Soup with Veggies. I hope you all enjoy this Hearty Vegetable Barley Soup recipe. You can have Hearty Vegetable Barley Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hearty Vegetable Barley Soup
- Prepare 4 box of baby porto bello mushrooms.
- Prepare 6 large of onions.
- You need 3 large of carrots.
- You need 1 head of celery.
- It’s 2 of leeks.
- It’s 1 head of garlic.
- It’s 1 packages of barley.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 of water.
- Prepare 8 of vegetable bullion cubes.
NEW uploads every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at midnight EST. Discover a fun and delicious way to enjoy oats with our easy and delicious Hearty Vegetable & Beef Barley Soup recipe made with your favorite Quaker® products. Hearty, and delicious Barley Soup loaded with veggies and flavorful broth, all cooked in one Instant Pot for a comforting chili night family dinner. This Hearty Mushroom Barley Soup is easy to prepare, kid-friendly, and perfect for a cool fall or winter day.
Hearty Vegetable Barley Soup step by step
- I used a 8 quart pot to make 2 gallons of soup. Adjust accordingly to make a smaller batch..
- Chop all the veggies to size of your liking. Add olive oil & butter to pot on medium heat add onions, carrots, celery, leeks' garlic & salt & sweat the veggies..
- Add barley & mushrooms & Italian seasoning & mix & let cook for 2 minutes.
- Fill pot with water & add the bullion cubes, salt & pepper & turn up heat to high & bring to a boil..
- As soon as it starts boiling reduce heat to low & stir. Let simmer for an hour on low heat occasionally stirring..
- Eat & enjoy.
Giora Shimoni likes to serve it for Sukkot or Simchat Torah dinners as "a nice change from chicken soup." Hearty Vegetable Barley Soup. Add additional water if soup becomes too thick upon standing. Fix cracks in graham cracker crust. How long to boil country style ribs. Add remaining ingredients except frozen vegetables.