Vegetarian wonton soup. Vegetarian wonton soup with tofu, broccoli and wood ear mushrooms as filling. It becomes very warm in my city and everything spring is so nice and inspirational. This vegetarian wonton soup (also vegan friendly) is a great idea for breakfast.
Add mushroom granules (or salt) to suit your taste. Add wontons to the soup, and cook until wonton floats, indicating that they are fully cooked. Turn off the heat, add chopped scallions, chopped cilantro, and deep-fried shallot. You can have Vegetarian wonton soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian wonton soup
- You need 1 package of round wonton wraps.
- Prepare 1 bag of vegetarian morningstar ground beef.
- You need 1 c. of small diced jicama.
- Prepare 1 c. of finely chopped carrots (pulse in chopper).
- Prepare 1 c. of small diced celery.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro stem finely chopped.
- It’s 1 c. of diced cabbage.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbs of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot cut like flower.
- You need 5 of nappa cabbage leaves cut bite size pieces.
- You need 6 of mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1-2 of veg. soup bullion or 1 tsp mushroom msg.
Stir to mix, and serve immediately. The soft marinated mushrooms paired with the slight crunch of the walnuts, oh baby. To make vegan wonton soup, first start by making the wonton filling. Add all the of the seasonings along with the chopped mushrooms and walnuts to a bowl and toss well to combine.
Vegetarian wonton soup instructions
- Add ground beef, jicama, celery, cabbage, finely chopped carrots, ground pepper, oyster sauce in frying pan on medium heat. Mix well, add seasoning per your taste. Lastly add chopped cilantro stem. The finer the ingredients, the easier to wrap in wonton wrappers..
- Fill a small bowl or dipping cup with water. Put wonton wrapper in left hand, use right index finger to dip in water and wet around the edge. Scoop 1 tbs of ground beef mix into the center of wonton and fold in half sealing it tight. Set aside and repeat this step until all wonton used. Below I put it in a container separated by saran wrap to put in the freezer..
- Various ways to make wontons.
- Another way…
- To make the soup… in a medium pot, boil water, add soup bullion or mushroom msg, flower carrots, nappa cabbage for 10 minutes..
- While you are boiling soup, boil another small pot of water. Add either fresh or frozen wonton dumplings and boil for 7 minutes. Remove dumpling into bowl and pour soup on top, seasoned with cilantro leaves and ground pepper if needed..
Remove from heat and add the dried shiitake mushrooms. The Vegetarian Wonton Soup Recipe is one of the easiest soups to make when you have the dumplings/wontons also known as momos ready. The wonton soup gets its full-bodied flavor from the vegetable stock. But if you don't have vegetable stock you can always spice up the soup base with quick ingredients. In this recipe, I will show you how you can make the soup base as well.