Potato & Leek Soup. The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family, Solanaceae. Potato is an instant messaging tool focused on security. It is faster, safer, more open and completely free.
Potato Potato Facts and Figures How Potato Grows Potato Nutrition Native Potato Varieties Wild Potato Species Potato Processing and Uses Potato Pests and Diseases. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. "Spud" redirects here. The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum) is a member of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, a family of flowering plants that also includes the eggplant, mandrake, deadly nightshade or belladonna, tobacco, tomato, and petunia. You can have Potato & Leek Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato & Leek Soup
- It’s 4 of Potatoes.
- You need 2 of Leeks.
- Prepare 3 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 of Large Onion.
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Celery Stalk.
- You need 4 Slices of Thick Cut Bacon.
- You need 4 1/2 Cups of Chicken Stock.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- You need of Seasoned Salt.
- You need of Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare of Parsley Flakes.
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 4 Tbs of Butter.
- You need Half of & Half.
Wikipedia Article About Potato on Wikipedia. The potato (plural form: potatoes) (Solanum tuberosum) is a perennial plant of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, grown for its starchy tuber. Potato, annual plant in the nightshade family, grown for its starchy edible tubers. Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour.
Potato & Leek Soup step by step
- Get a pot of water boiling for the potatoes immediately. Bring to a boil while washing and prepping veggies. Slowly cook bacon while preforming afore mentioned tasks..
- Remove bacon and allow to drain. Place veggies into bacon fat and sauté. Season. After sweating vegetables, add in chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then a slow simmer..
- Remove potatoes and mash with butter and Half & Half. The amount of liquid will depend on the size of the potatoes. Feel it out. Season. Add mashed potatoes to soup and whisk in..
- After brought back to a simmer, add in Half & Half. Use enough to make it change color. Chop three slices of bacon and add to soup. (If you don’t have enough Chicken Stock, you can use some of the potato water, by the way)..
- Plate. Finish with parsley flakes, a bit of grated Parmesan cheese and some of the remaining piece of bacon..
A perennial plant in the nightshade family that was first cultivated in. Learn about potato nutrition, types of potatoes, potato facts and tips. We have your complete guide to potatoes. The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a For faster navigation, this Iframe is preloading the Wikiwand page for Potato. Borrowed from Spanish patata, itself borrowed from Taíno batata. (UK) IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.təʊ/, [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪtʰəʊ]. (General American) enPR: pə-tāʹtō, IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.toʊ/, [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪɾoʊ], [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪɾə].