Ultimate loaded potato Soup. An easy and delicious creamy potato soup recipe that can be made in just one pot! Loaded with bacon and creamy potato goodness, this is a favorite comfort food in my household. Potatoes and soup define comfort food for me (and pasta and cheese too!), so when you combine them together, it's like comfort food heaven!
I don't know what you put on your loaded. Bring it to a boil then reduce to a low heat and cook until the potatos are tender. Loaded Baked Potato Soup for Crockpot. You can have Ultimate loaded potato Soup using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ultimate loaded potato Soup
- You need 6 of russet tomatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes.
- It’s 6 strips of bacon, uncooked and cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 TBS. of Butter.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/3 C. of Flour.
- Prepare 4 C. of Chicken stock.
- It’s 2 C. of Milk.
- You need 1/3 C. of Heavy cream.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Ancho chili powder.
- Prepare 2/3 C. of Sour cream.
- It’s of Toppings (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Shredded cheese.
- You need to taste of Green onions.
- Prepare to taste of Sour cream.
- It’s to taste of Bacon.
What's the secret to making this ultimate comfort food soup ultra creamy? It prevents curdling that can happen when regular milk is cooked over a long period of time. A classic baking potato is the russet, which is one of the most starch-filled in the world of spuds. That starch is released as the potatoes cook in the broth, becoming part of the underpinning of a rich, thick soup.
Ultimate loaded potato Soup step by step
- Cook bacon pieces in a large soup pot over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and leave grease in the pot..
- Add butter and onion and saute until onions are soft. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds more until fragrant..
- Sprinkle the flour into the pot and whisk until smooth.
- Add diced potatoes, chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper and anchor chili pepper..
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender and can easily be pierced with a fork. About 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and remove about 1/2 of soup into a blender. Puree until smooth. Add back in to the pot..
- Note: If you prefer your soup all creamy with no pptato chunks you can puree all of the soup in batches..
- Add sour cream and 3/4 of the bacon pieces. Stir and simmer 15 minutes..
- Top with additional bacon, sour cream, shredded cheese and green onions (optional).
Loaded potato soup is comfort food at its finest. You're going to love the combination of flavors in the soup. Ultimate Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe Loaded potato soup is the ultimate cozy dinner idea, and this one is so easy to make! It's all that's great about a baked potato, remade as a healthy The soup will be creamy but with small chunks of potatoes. Alex and I found that makes the most satisfying texture for a loaded potato soup, versus.