Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork. RECIPE BELOW: This is a classic Chinese deli BBQ pork with a sweet honey glaze. It's both juicy and tender with a rich savory taste. Char siu, or Chinese BBQ Pork, is a delicious Cantonese roast meat.
BBQ Pork (Char Siu): Known for its distinctive red color and shiny glaze, Char Siu pork is both incredibly Add the additional two tablespoons of honey to the glaze. Honey Roasted BBQ Pork (Char Siu). When the pork is done, slice and serve with white rice and bok choy. You can have Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork
- You need of Pork Butt / Neck / Belly.
- It’s of Marinade Glaze Sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 cubes of fermented red beancurd.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of honey / maltose.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of five spice powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
- You need 3 tbsp of water.
- You need of Cornstarch solution.
- It’s of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of Spring onion.
- It’s bag of Zip lock.
Char Siew (Hong Kong BBQ Pork). Place the pork on top of the roasting rack and shield. Pour the honey mixture into the skillet and stir to loosen any browned bits. Place the pork and the marinade in a ziplock bag.
Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork instructions
- You can use pork butt, neck or belly, cut in a long strip. Try different cut, it gives you different texture. Poke hole on the meat to tenderize it. Cut out the skin maybe a good option as skin is tough and chewy. Marinate pork meat in a zip lock bag with Ingredient sauce. Leave it overnight in the fridge..
- Pre heat oven to 150 degree celcius. Roast meat for 8 minutes. Take out the meat and glaze with sauce. Bake for another 8 minutes. Take out meat and glaze again. Repeat the process a few rounds till meat turns dark red. BBQ for another 15 minutes in high heat 180 to 200 degree celcius until some Char or black part appear. Take out, cool it down, cut and serve..
Char Siew, Chinese Roasted BBQ Pork, 叉燒. Char siu or sometimes spelled as 'char siew' is a popular Chinese barbecued pork and is one of the most As it roasts in the oven, it absorbs the honey mixture creating a layer of sweet and savoury coating on. BBQ pork belly char siu is the epitome of Cantonese BBQ. They are always sliced into thin pieces and served with steamed white rice, with vegetable on the side. Sometimes spelled as char siew or char sui, the pork is always perfectly charred, juicy, tender, dripping in a sticky, sweet and savory sauce.