Pumpkin soup. This is a classic, easy pumpkin soup made with fresh pumpkin that is very fast to make. Thick, creamy and full of flavour, this is THE pumpkin soup recipe you will make now and forever! This easy soup is made with pumpkin puree, chicken stock, onion, and fresh herbs.
The shortcut was obvious — canned pumpkin — but would it taste as good? Pumpkin soup is a usually 'bound' (thick) soup made from a purée of pumpkin. It is made by combining the meat of a blended pumpkin with broth or stock. You can have Pumpkin soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- Prepare 150 g of pumpkin peices.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 50 grams of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 tbls of butter, 1 tbls of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
It can be served hot or cold, and is a popular Thanksgiving dish in the United States. Whip up this easy pumpkin soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of For an extra-velvety consistency you can pour the soup through a fine sieve. Watch how to make the best pumpkin soup in this short recipe video! Your mama's gonna be so proud.
Pumpkin soup step by step
- In a pot add the pumpkins and the chopped onions and carrots, add butter, black pepper, salt and oil and stir fry it for 10mn.
- Add 25oz of water (over half a liter) or you can use vegetable broth as well, add the lentils and let simmer until the broth thickens a bit (15-25mn).
- Remove the pot and add cheese or fresh cream, or 70g of natural yogurt, mix well until smooth and serve.
It all starts with sugar pumpkins. These little guys are perfect for roasting and turning into DIY pumpkin. Looking for the best Pumpkin Soup recipes? Get recipes like Spicy Pumpkin Soup, Curried Squash and Pear Soup and Curried Butternut Squash Soup from Simply Recipes. how to make roasted butternut squash soup.