Doenjang Jjigae (Korean soybean paste soup). Dried anchovies, garlic, green chili pepper, green onion, onion, potatoes, shrimp, soybean paste, tofu, water, zucchini. Doenjang jjigae (된장찌개) is one of the most popular Korean stew dishes made with Korean soybean paste (doenjang), a type of fermented bean paste made of soybean and brine. Typically, special soup stock, meat (or seafood), tofu and vegetables of your choice is added into the stew.
Depending on the other ingredients added, you can make endless variations of the stew. Doenjang-jjigae (Korean: 된장찌개; Korean: [twen.dʑaŋ.t͈ɕi.ɡɛ]), referred in English as soybean paste stew, is a Korean traditional jjigae (stew-type dish), made from the primary ingredient of doenjang (soybean paste), and additional optional ingredients vegetables, seafood, and meat. Doenjang Jjigae is stew made with fermented Korean soybean paste with zucchini and tofu added. You can have Doenjang Jjigae (Korean soybean paste soup) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Doenjang Jjigae (Korean soybean paste soup)
- It’s 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 1,5 l of water.
- You need 40 of dried anchovies.
- It’s 4 tbsp of soybean paste.
- You need 4 of large potatoes.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 of zucchini’s.
- You need of tofu.
- You need 3 stalks of green onion.
Delicious with Korean BBQ and Pajeon(green onion Doenjang Jjigae. I have not yet blogged about this fantastic Korean stew and this is why. It was not on my list of recipes when I first started my. Doenjang means Korean fermented soybean paste.
Doenjang Jjigae (Korean soybean paste soup) step by step
- Peel the potatoes, dice into chuncky bits. Cut the onion, tofu, zucchini’s and green onion..
- Boil the water and put the garlic, dried anchovies and soybean paste in. Let it boil for 5-10 min..
- Add the potatoes and onion. Boil for 10 min..
- Add the zucchini. Boil for another 5 min..
- When the potatoes are soft, add the tofu, cover and boil for 5 min..
- When it’s done cooking add the green onion and it’s ready to serve!.
I don't think Doenjang Jjigae is as well known as Kimchi jjigae, but it's as popular and common as Kimchi jjigae in Korea, not less. Such a hearty Korean comport food. If you love Korean food, Doenjang Jjigae is one of your. Korean doenjang paste is made solely from soybeans and salt – and is fermented Doenjang jjigae is light enough to whip up in the summertime. Peel the potatoes, dice into chuncky bits.