Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan. This nourishing vegan Miso Noodle Soup with Tofu is another great addition and perfect when you're feeling under the weather. Many people, at least here in the U. S., think of chicken noodle soup as the soup to sip on when you are not feeling well, but miso noodle soup is even better for you!
Quick, healthy, and vegan soba noodle soup with tofu, miso, kale, and carrots to keep you warm on a rainy day. Miso – white miso, which is actually quite orange in color. Vegetables: onion, green onions, garlic, carrots, and kale. You can have Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare 2 cm of chunk fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of small red chilli, finely chopped.
- You need 500-750 ml of veggie/ vegan stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white miso paste.
- You need of couple of handfuls of greens eg chinese cabbage, pak choi, choi sum, tatsoi, mizuna.
- Prepare 100 g of tofu, cut into bite-sized chunks.
- You need of Noodles of choice eg udon, soba – prepared according to packet instructions.
Miso soup is one of our favorite soups and we make it all the time. Notes. * Use any type of miso you. Serve the noodles with five-spice tofu (or your favorite protein) to make it a complete meal! For whatever reason, I always catch a cold during After throwing together some ingredients, I came up with this ginger miso udon noodle soup.
Tofu, miso and noodle soup – vegan instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat..
- Add the garlic and spring onion and sauté for 3-5 mins. Add the chilli. And sauté for another 2 mins or so..
- Add the stock and simmer for 5 mins..
- Add the miso paste and whisk a bit so it’s completely mixed in..
- Add the greens. Cover and simmer for about 5 mins or until the greens start to wilt. This depends on the greens you use. I used chinese cabbage and mizuna today so i added the cabbage at this stage and then the mizuna at the same time as the tofu..
- Remove from the heat. Add the tofu and any more ‘delicate’ greens. Cover and let sit for 2-3 mins..
- Put the noodles in the bowls. Ladle the tofu/ miso on top. Sprinkle more chilli/ spring onion on top if you like. Enjoy 😋.
The broth is simple but packed with savory umami flavor. Try our take on a classic miso soup recipe. This vegan recipe features the lovely & fresh kale but feel free to use any leafy greens of your choice. In creating this vegan tofu noodle soup, I used a mixture of olive oil with just a little bit of coconut oil to improve the mouthfeel. To the broth, I also added some soy sauce and nutritional yeast, to make up for the umami flavor lost to making this meatless.