Salisbury steak and gravy. Salisbury Steak A classic Salisbury steak in beef and mushroom gravy. This simple, hearty dish will remind you of Sunday dinners at grandma's house. This is my husband's all-time favorite meal.
Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Salisbury steak is a totally scrumptious way to transform the humble ground beef / mince into something amazing! The onion grating / soaking breadcrumbs will make your patties extra tasty and tender, and the Mushroom Gravy is made extra delicious by cooking the Salisbury Steaks IN the gravy! You can cook Salisbury steak and gravy using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salisbury steak and gravy
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/3 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 packages of onion soup mix.
- It’s 2/3 tsp of pepper or to taste.
- You need 2/3 tsp of garlic or to taste.
- It’s 3 tbsp of bacon grease or shortening.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 of cubes of beef bullion.
- You need 3 of or more cups of hot water and put the bullion cubes in it i say 3 or more cups depending on how thin or thick you want your gravy.
Salisbury Steaks With Gravy Worcestershire sauce dresses up these moist and easy hamburger steaks for two. "Creamy mashed potatoes are the perfect side to this savory home-style dish," suggests Nita Fields from Edgar Springs, Missouri. Once gravy starts to boil, reduce heat to low. Taste for seasoning and add more salt & pepper, if desired. Salisbury steak is a classic American dish with ground beef patties seasoned in various manors and served with brown gravy over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Salisbury steak and gravy instructions
- Mix ground beef onion soup mix pepper garlic bread crumbs and egg in a large bowl.
- Take about a large meatball size and roll it in your hands into a log like shape and Smoosh it so it looks like a steak shape instead of a hamburger patty.
- Put your steaks in a large pan with a lid and cook until meat is thoroughly cooked flipping once..
- Remove your steaks from pan onto a platter or plate while you make your gravy.
- Add in your bacon grease or shortening cook until it's liquified.
- Add in your flour.
- Stir be sure to get out all clumps it will look kind of pasty.. keep cooking it until it's a dark brown gravy kind of color but not enough to burn it.
- Quickly add in your water with bullion cubes.
- Stir vigorously you want smooth gravy put lid on pan and let it boil for a min then turn the heat on low and put the patties in cook for about 3 minutes more..p.s if you made your gravy too thin add some flour to a cup and pour a little cold water in it and stir..then pour it in the gravy and mix it in..let thicken..gravy does thicken as it cools if it's too thick add more liquid.
Comfort food from out of the past. This is another request by my wife, but this time, she even remembered the recipe she made, but details like exact measurements were missing. It was hands down the best tasting sauce for salisbury steak and so simple to make. So, if you're craving an old cafeteria food favorite – don't waste your time with the recipe for the sauce – buy a box of Lipton Mushroom Onion soup mix and make the gravy with it – you won't regret it! We're cooking up Salisbury Steak with Onions and Gravy.