Cucumber soup with yogurt, raisins and walnut (Aab- dogh khiar). Abdoogh khiar or Cold Cucumber Yogurt Soup is cool, refreshing, and it is perfect for hot summer days. It is a very popular hors d'oeuvre and also a light summertime lunch in Iran. It is a combination of yogurt, cucumbers, herbs, and raisins with a sprinkle of dried rose petals.
Basically, it is made with cucumber, yogurt, raisins, herbs,and spices, but area to other area, might be added or. The recipe of Ab Doogh Khiar is very similar to our Indian Cucumber Raita. While our Raita is more of a condiment, having a 'dip-like' consistency, Ab Doogh Khiar is on the thinner, more soupier side and almost a meal in itself. You can cook Cucumber soup with yogurt, raisins and walnut (Aab- dogh khiar) using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cucumber soup with yogurt, raisins and walnut (Aab- dogh khiar)
- You need 300 gr of yogurt.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber.
- Prepare 3-4 of crushed walnut.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 4-5 of stems of dill.
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 3 tbs of raisins.
- It’s 1 tsp of rose petal powder.
- Prepare of salt and pepper (black or red).
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon jucie (Optional).
- It’s pieces of your favorite bread.
- You need 300 ml of cold water (it depends on how you prefer your soup : thick or thin).
It also contains Vitamin C and vitamin A. Ab doogh khiar is also very high in minerals. Abdoogh Khiar – Persian Cold Yogurt Soup with Cucumbers, Herbs, Walnuts & Raisins آبدوغ خیار Abdoogh khiar is a chilled yogurt soup with lots of aromatic fresh herbs, diced cucumbers, chopped radishes, crushed walnuts and sweet golden raisins topped with dried rose petals and served with pieces of dried/toasted flat bread. It's Persian for cucumber and yogurt, and yes, it's what you get here.
Cucumber soup with yogurt, raisins and walnut (Aab- dogh khiar) step by step
- Place yogurt in a big bowl.Add water,.
- Olive oil.
- Salt, pepper and rose petal powder to yogurt. Whisk it very well..
- Then, grate garlic into the bowl..
- Cut cucumber into small pieces (no need to especial technique, simply cut it)..
- Add raisins, crushed walnuts and dill..
- Place ingredients into the blender and blend the mixture..
- Serve it with your favorite bread and dip in your soup. Enjoy it..
But that's an overly simplistic summary of this traditional Middle Eastern dip. True, mast-o-khiar is not unlike Greek tzatziki, though this traditional rendition ups the ante with rose petal leaves, if you please. And yes, Greek yogurt works well in this. Yatimche Ab dough Khiar – Street Food. When he wants to serve it ,first he puts some cucumber and walnut in the bowl and pour the Doogh on it. .