You can cook Beef Stroganoff using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- It’s 3 lbs of cubed steak, thin sliced.
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of button mushrooms, thick sliced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 2 cans of cream mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can of French onion soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 of pkgs stroganoff mix.
- It’s 2 cups of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried chopped parsley.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare 12 oz of pkg wide egg noodles.
Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Slice cubed steak into thin strips and set aside..
- Clean and thick slice button mushrooms. Set aside..
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat and add oil and butter. Then working in 3 batches brown meat on all sides, remove to bowl and keep warm..
- Add mushrooms to pan and sautée until liquid is dispersed from mushrooms and they start to brown..
- Add meat back to skillet and stir to combine. Sprinkle stroganoff mixes over top meat and stir to combine..
- Add the 2 cans of cream of mushroom and the French onion soup. Stir to mix. Add in the milk, nutmeg and black pepper. You do not need salt because of the soups. Stir all together to combine..
- Add in 2 cups sour cream and parsley and stir to combine. And let simmer for 15 to 29 minutes..
- While simmering. Cook and drain wide egg noodles..
- Serve over noodles and top with chopped parsley. Enjoy!.