Thick Minty Pea Soup. Cooking the peas briefly retains their vibrant color, and the addition of fresh mint keeps the finished soup looking and tasting bright. Purée soup in a blender or with an immersion blender, thinning with water if soup is too thick, until smooth. Season soup with salt and pepper.
It's a delicious vegan recipe that works well all year round. Fresh mint gives it an aromatic freshness & cashews. This bright and fresh spring soup has all of the elements of amazing flavor, topped of course with the crispy crunch of some cheesy croutons. You can have Thick Minty Pea Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thick Minty Pea Soup
- Prepare 400 Grams of Fresh Peas.
- It’s 1 of large Onion.
- Prepare 2-3 teaspoons of Dried Mint (or more!).
- Prepare 1-2 Teaspoons of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare 2-3 Tablespoons of Plain Thick Yogurt.
- You need 300 mls of Milk.
- It’s of Water.
Place half of pea mixture and remaining mint in a blender. Remove center piece of lid; secure lid on blender. This minty pea soup is as fresh and easy as it gets and tastes wonderful when served with crisp Parma ham or bacon. To serve, pour equal amounts of the soup into four warmed bowls.
Thick Minty Pea Soup instructions
- Put the fresh peas into 1/2 saucepan of water and bring to the boil, turn down and simmer for about 10-15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, slice and dice Onion into very small pieces and add to the saucepan. Stir after adding..
- Add the dried Mint and Garlic Salt to the saucepan. Stir after adding..
- When peas are just cooked, strain off the water as much as you can. Return to saucepan, add the milk and the yoghurt and blitz with a hand mixer until smooth. Check taste and season if required..
- Serve hot with bread! Enjoy. Can be frozen up to 3 months..
Add a neat tablespoon of crème fraîche into the centre of each and, if you wish, garnish with the crisp Parma ham. Add garlic, cubed potato, and two-thirds of the frozen peas to the pot with the onion. Then add the hot vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and leave to simmer for approx.. Minty pea soup with spiced, crunchy edamame beans.