Potato Bacon Cheeseburger Soup. I decided to make a yummy twist to one of my most favorite and popular soups. I changed a few ingredients and added bacon. Bacon took this famous soup to a whole nother level.
This soup makes quite a bit… Sauté chopped bacon in a large stock pot until crispy. Remove the bacon from pan & drain on a paper towel, reserving drippings in the pot. Increase the heat to medium & to rendered fat add one pound of hamburger, sliced mushrooms and chopped onions. You can have Potato Bacon Cheeseburger Soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Prepare 2 can of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 lb of ground chuck.
- Prepare 2 can of cream of potato.
- You need 2 can of cream of celery.
- It’s 1 lb of thick sliced smoked bacon.
- It’s 16 oz of Mexican Velveeta or similar cheese.
- You need 1/2 large of sweet onion.
- You need 4 cup of boiled potatoes in small chunks.
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is a hearty and creamy take on America's favorite cheeseburger. Believe it or not this is a simple recipe just in the manner of the other ones. I think the hardest share is to locate the best ingredients hence you can enjoy the savory Potato Bacon Cheeseburger Soup for your dinner with your friends or family. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and crumble beef until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
Potato Bacon Cheeseburger Soup instructions
- Brown the ground chuck and fry up the bacon. I prefer ground chuck and thick cut bacon. Feel free to use whatever you wish, this is just my preference..
- While the meat is cooking warm up the water for the potatoes and prep them. I prefer to use red potatoes chopped up with the skins on but you can use whatever you wish..
- Chop up the onion and set aside. Once the bacon is done, sweat the onion in the bacon grease and drain along with the ground chuck..
- After the meat and onions are drained, place it in your soup pot. Cut up the velveeta into chunks and add to the meat in the pot to help soften it up..
- Chop up the bacon into desirable pieces and add to the pot..
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. If it is too thick feel free to add 1/2 cup of milk or more chicken broth..
- Once the soup has come to a boil, add it to a crock pot and share!.
Helpful tips for making Cheeseburger Soup. Hickory smoked nitrate free bacon lends great taste and aroma. Use lean ground beef and drain any excess fat from the beef and the pot. Yukon Gold potatoes work best in this soup as they hold their shape without breaking down and they have nice tender skins so you don't have to peel them. Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is a hearty soup recipe that can be whipped up in just fifteen minutes.