Pearl barley chicken soup. Stir lemon juice into the soup just before serving. Dice up the chicken and add to the vegetables, fry for another couple of minutes. Pour half the soup into a food processor and blend until smooth, then return to the pot and add the chopped parsley.
Pearl barley thickens the soup and makes it really hearty too. Its a delicious, warming soup for any time of year. Chicken vegetable barley soup- Add more vegetables such as green bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes,. You can have Pearl barley chicken soup using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pearl barley chicken soup
- You need 400 grams of chicken fillet.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s Half of cup chopped leek(white part).
- It’s 1 cup of pearl barley.
- Prepare 2 of table spoons thick tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 of table spoons dried parsley.
- You need 1 tea spoon of dried basil.
- You need 3 of carrots, grated.
- You need 1 cup of celery stalk, finley chopped.
- You need 2 of table spoons butter.
- You need 2 of Chicken bullions(optional).
- It’s 1 tea spoon of black pepper.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
Add mushrooms-You can use mushrooms in place of the chicken if you want to keep the soup vegetarian. Chicken Barley Soup is deliciously simple. Tender chunks of chicken, barley and vegetables in a flavorful broth! Chicken Barley Soup is the dish my grandma used to make.
Pearl barley chicken soup instructions
- Soak pearl barley overnight in water. It helps barley soup be ready and thick in shorter time..
- Melt butter in deep non stick pot. Saute onion until it change colour. Add chicken fillet, bay leaves and turmeric and saute until no more pink.Add tomato paste and fry for few minutes for better colour of soup..
- Now add celery, carrot, leek along with barley and its water. I put carrot, celery and leek in chopper forst. Solve chicken stock bullions in hot water. Add to soup. Cover the pot. Bring to boil. After 30 mintes add dtied herbs. Wait another 10 minutes until soup become tick. Add black pepper and salt (if needed) and lemon juice..
- Serve soup with crusty bread or plain naan..
While we most frequently have Beef Barley Soup, I do love the flavor of a rich chicken. The pearl barley adds a lovely bite to each spoonful and the chicken gives it plenty of flavour too. Bursting with flavour, this hearty soup is great for beating the winter cold. See the back of our package for two scrumptious recipes with pearl barley—Pearl Barley Salad and Chicken Soup with Barley. Customers tell us our hulled barley is a great addition to our Vegi Soup Mix.