Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup. This soup is a perfect freezer. Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high. Add sweet peppers, onions, and garlic to Dutch oven.
The spices give it a nice kick without being too overwhelming, and the combination of meat, rice, and veggies make each spoonful delicious. Strain tomato sauce to remove tomato seeds and return the juice to the saucepan. Add basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. You can cook Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 lb. of Mild Italian sausage, cut into 1/4" thick half moons.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 of bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can fire roasted tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayanne pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white rice, uncooked.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
Remove the bay leaf and add milk and sour cream. Use an immersion blender to blend all of the ingredients together. Add Italian sausage and continue to simmer until the sausage is thoroughly heated. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Sausage, Tomato, and Pepper Soup step by step
- Add oil to 4-quart sauce pan over medium-high heat. When oil begins to smoke, add sausage and cook until brown. Turn down to medium heat, then add onion and bell pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until onions turn light brown..
- Add pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne. Stir to combine. Add broth, tomatoes, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and add rice. Cover saucepan and cook until rice is plump and tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
In a saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, picante sauce, sugar, basil and oregano. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage meat, breaking up with a spatula, and cook until no longer pink. Stuffed Pepper Soup is an inexpensive and delicious soup that will warm your belly from the inside out.