Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf. Meat loaf that is covered in bacon and oozing with Cheddar cheese is sure to be a crowd pleaser! I've found this is a great idea for picky men. men love anything wrapped in cheese and bacon! I did these in large muffin tins (it made six little muffins) because it.
With a crispy bacon weave wrapped outside and cheese stuffed inside, this recipe can be used for regular family dinners or special occasions, such as a party. Your favorite comfort food just got quite the makeover! Bacon and cheese are perhaps the two best additions to almost anything. You can cook Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf
- It’s 1 of package (16 ounces) thick cut bacon.
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of ground beef (chuck or about 80/20).
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese (your favorite one or more).
- Prepare 1 envelope of beefy onion soup mix (lipton or other).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of – give or take – cracker crumbs (any kind-I used bacon ritz).
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
While bacon-wrapped meatloaf is pretty amazing on its own, don't stop there! Take your dinner to the next bacon-wrapped level with delicious homemade meatloaf, wrapped in bacon and Cheesy Bacon and Beer Sloppy Joes. Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Rainbow Roasted Veggies. This easy Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf recipe will become a family favorite for sure!
Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Meatloaf instructions
- Preheat oven to °350. Line bottom & sides of loaf pan with bacon, slightly overlapping (or weave into a lattice pattern), saving about 5 strips to cover top..
- In large bowl add ground beef & shredded cheese. In small bowl mix together all other ingredients & let sit for about 5 minutes. Pour in with meat & cheese & mix lightly with a fork, kinda fluffing it up as you go..
- Stuff meat mixture into bacon lined pan and layer top with remaining bacon. Just try to keep it evenly spread across whole top of meatloaf. Cover with foil (I used 2 layers) & bake for about an hour and a half until meat thermometer reads °160F..
- Take out of oven & uncover. Bake uncovered another 15-20 minutes until bacon is browned & at desired crispiness. Also, if desired, take back out & add a layer of ketchup across top & bake another 10-15 minutes until ketchup has carmelized into a glaze type topping. (Or use broiler & keep an eye on it until it's ready, it won't take long.).
- When done let sit for 10 minutes. Cut & serve. Is great with mashed or baked potatoes or on a sandwich roll..
Meatloaf is back and better than ever; wrapped with thick cut bacon! This bacon wrapped meatloaf will surely please and impress your entire family. Mix the ground beef with the egg, breadcrumbs (or potato flour), salt and pepper. Meatloaf is usually a boring, uninspiring entree, reserved for weeknight dinners when you can't be bothered to get your creative juices flowing. This meatloaf has it all – a juicy, flavorful chicken base with a cheesy, herby mushroom stuffing and it's all wrapped up in crisp, golden bacon.