Seafood mix soup. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper; cook and stir until tender. It is a milder-flavored, lighter-colored soup than the ones typically served in modern seafood restaurants.
So I made this–hence the title. I had to use that package of seafood mix somehow. This is very good; DH does not love seafood and yet liked it. You can have Seafood mix soup using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Seafood mix soup
- It’s 3 of guajillo dry chile pods.
- Prepare 3 of chipotle can Chile.
- Prepare 1 of cascabel dry chile pod.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 3 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry oregano.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of knorr chicken bouillon.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 6 of carrots, peeled cut in half.
- You need 4 of potatoes brown peeled ans cut in thick squares.
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 8 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 lb of frozen seafood mix (clams, imitation Crab meat, shrimps, crab legs, octopus ).
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
Seafood mix is a combo of fish, squid, mussels and fake crab. It's found in the seafood freezer section. Brazilian Seafood Soup (Moqueca) Go to Recipe This tangy, buttery, gorgeous soup–bright red with dende oil–is Daniel Boulud's riff on a recipe by French chef Claude Troisgros. Discover delicious and easy to prepare seafood soup recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network.
Seafood mix soup step by step
- Clean the seeds of dry chili pods add in water and bring to boil ,when water is boiling turn off and set aside for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Heat up a pot, add oil add 1/2 of the 1/2onion chopped and add 2chopped tomatoes and satuee for at least 10 minutes stirring every 3 minutes or so, on low medium heat,.
- On the blender add the soaked chili pods, 4 can chipotle Chiles ,the other 1/2 onion, 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, 2 garlic cloves, add about 1/2 cup of clean water blend about 2-3 minutes to have a thick.
- After onion and tomato are well satueed, strain Chile and add to. Onions and tomato and continue sauteeing for 2 more minutes and chile will turn a bit darker red, add water,cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon oregano bring to a boil,.
- When water is boiling add 3rd chopped tomato and bay leaf, chicken bouillon, first add carrots cook for 7 minutes…
- After 7 minutes or so add potato and continue cooking till veggies are cooked, approx 15 more minutes.
- Taste your soup if incase UT needs more bouillon, it should taste a bit spicy,.
- Gradually add seafood mix let cook for another 5 minutes, turn off stove cover pot and let it sit for at least 10minutes before serving.
- Serve with lemon and corn tortillas.
This spicy soup, featuring shrimp, crabmeat and tomatoes, gets its zip from hot pepper sauce and cayenne pepper. It's easy to prepare and dresses up any meal. Would you like any nuts in the recipe? Seafood saute makes an easy, quick, delicious meal out of frozen seafood mix. Your only task as a chef is to avoid overcooking the seafood!