Thick and Creamy Fava Bean Potage Soup. When the potatoes are tender enough to slide easily off a fork when cooked, puree the soup in a blender* until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add some the remaining stock to adjust the consistency. Fava Bean Soup is another classic dish in Mexico for Lent time.
Add potatoes and beans and sauté briefly. Remove bay leaf and a few beans (for garnish) and puree the remaining soup. Add cream, return the soup to a simmer. You can cook Thick and Creamy Fava Bean Potage Soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thick and Creamy Fava Bean Potage Soup
- Prepare 100 grams of Fava beans (boiled with salt, and inside skin peeled).
- It’s 100 grams of New Onions (or regular onions).
- Prepare 1 small of clove Garlic.
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of ●Sugar.
- It’s 1 block of Maggi Bouillon.
- It’s 200 ml of ●Water.
- You need 100 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 of Rough ground black pepper.
The addition of white beans to this creamy potato soup recipe boosts the protein to main-dish levels. To make this bean soup vegetarian, simply trade vegetable broth for the chicken broth. Tips for Perfect Creamy Potato Soup. Loaded with bacon and creamy potato.
Thick and Creamy Fava Bean Potage Soup step by step
- Preparation: Take the fava beans out of the pod and boil for about 3 minutes with salt. Take the thin skin off. Slice the onions and garlic thinly..
- Add the butter, olive oil, and garlic to a pot. Make sure not to burn the garlic. Cook until fragrant..
- Add the fava beans and onion, and cook until the onions are clear and softened. Make sure not to burn them..
- Add the sugar, bouillon, and water. Put on low heat when it comes to a boil, and simmer for 3~5 minutes until the bouillon dissolves..
- Turn the heat off, add the milk and stir. Put it into a blender and blend until smooth..
- Put it back into the pot. Making sure not to burn it, warm the soup and season with salt if necessary..
- Plate the soup, and garnish with black pepper. The soup is ready..
Aided by a can of cream of chicken soup, fresh green beans, potatoes, onion, and bacon bits make this creamy soup. Reviews for: Photos of Creamy Green Bean and Potato Soup. This fava bean soup, or Ecuadorian locro de habas, is a hearty soup made with fava beans, potatoes, milk, eggs, cheese, onions, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, hot pepper, and cilantro. A locro is a type of thick hearty soup, almost a stew, which is very popular in. This fava bean soup recipe uses dried, peeled fava beans cooked and pureed for a rich texture and sweet, mellow flavor.