Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup. This Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is easy to make in the crock-pot, and it's perfectly thick and creamy and flavorful (without having to use heavy Chop up lots of potatoes (I strongly recommend Yukon golds), a big onion (white or yellow), and lots of cooked bacon (you can fry or microwave the. It's loaded with tender potato cubes in a creamy soup broth that is thick and chunky. This slow cooker soup is made for potato lovers.
This Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup is hearty enough to stand alone as a main course for dinner. It goes great with a side salad and a few slices of your favorite bread. You can also top it with oyster crackers, saltines or large croutons. You can have Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- You need 4 of large russets (peeled and cubed).
- It’s 1 of small white onion (chopped).
- Prepare 3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 6 strips of thick cut bacon diced (cooked and divided).
- It’s 1 tbs of garlic (minced).
- It’s of Salt & Pepper (to taste).
- You need of For the rue:.
- It’s 4 tbs of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 6 Oz of heavy cream.
- You need 6 Oz of cheddar cheese (grated).
- It’s of Optional toppings:.
- It’s of Diced bacon.
- It’s of Cheddar Cheese.
- You need of Sliced green onions.
Amazing potato soup loaded with all your favorites and made right in your slow cooker. This Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a simple and delicious recipe you are going to love. Potatoes are one of my favorite foods and I love them just about any way. And every year, as the weather begins to turn cooler, we pull out our slow cooker and make potato soup.
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Cook bacon in your preferred method. (I always bake mine at 400° for 17-20 mins if thick cut).
- While bacon is cooking, peel and cube potatoes and chop onion..
- Once bacon is done and drained, dice about 2-3 pieces leaving the remaining for topping later on..
- Place potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, and the 2-3 pieces of diced bacon in the slow-cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hrs. stirring maybe once and hour. When the potatoes are tender, lightly mash..
- Around the 4 hour mark, gather the ingredients for the rue. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly and cook until is just starts to bubble. Add cream slowly while continuing to whisk. Add sour cream and cheddar and stir to combine..
- Add rue to slow-cooker and continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes. Serve with optional toppings..
As much as I love my Instant Pot Potato Soup recipe, there are some times that making it in the slow cooker makes more sense. Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter. Just before serving, whisk soup to combine. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.