Amazonian dry chicken soup (sopa seca). On a trip to the amazonian city of Iquitos last summer, I scoured the city's restaurants to seek out a veritable sopa seca. As the dish simmers, the pasta will absorb the stock and begin to dry out. Season to taste before garnishing with coriander and chilli.
Try our Chicken Sopa Seca recipe for Easy to make, but next time I will buy that Barilla spaghetti already broken up for soup, forgot what it's called. Milk makes this chicken sopas version rich and creamy. I am using evaporated milk for this recipe. You can cook Amazonian dry chicken soup (sopa seca) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amazonian dry chicken soup (sopa seca)
- You need 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil.
- You need 8 of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of bell peppers, cut into thin strips.
- You need 2 of red chillis, seeds removed and finely chopped.
- Prepare 6 of tomatoes, chopped/ 1 can chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of red curry paste.
- You need 500 g of spaghetti.
- Prepare 1 l of chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s A few of sprigs of fresh coriander.
- It’s of Chilli flakes (optional).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Alternative ingredients for this type of milk includes fresh milk, powdered milk mixed This is a recipe for a chicken macaroni soup which I name Creamy Chicken Sopas. It is rich, flavorful, and delicious. Sopa Seca de Fideo is dry noodle soup (not actually like your usual liquid soup or broth) that is very common in Central Mexico, and the process for making it is similar to the one for making Mexican red rice. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Amazonian dry chicken soup (sopa seca) step by step
- Add 2 tbsp of oil to the wok, turn on the hob to a medium-high heat..
- Brown the chicken pieces on both sides, about five minutes, and season with salt and pepper before moving the pieces into a bowl using a slotted spoon..
- Lower the heat before adding the onion and garlic, frying for a few minutes until the onion has softened and appears translucent..
- Turn the heat up to medium, stir in the peppers, chillis and cook for two minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, curry paste and browned chicken pieces. Snap the spaghetti in half with your hands before adding to the wok, followed by the stock..
- Bring to the boil and stir things around to distribute the spaghetti and other ingredients..
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. As the dish simmers, the pasta will absorb the stock and begin to dry out..
- Season to taste before garnishing with coriander and chilli flakes, if using, and serve immediately..
Literally translated as dry soup, sopa seca is really not a soup at all. It is, in fact, a dish usually based on rice, vermicelli or dry tortilla strips combined with tomatoes, onions and garlic and cooked in a broth. It's assumed that the name comes from the fact that, although the mixture begins soupy. This is one of my special soup recipe, "The chicken macaroni soup" Filipino style. Its good for lunch or dinner.