Chicken & Orzo Soup. Find recipes for fried chicken, chicken breast, grilled chicken, chicken wings, and more! The chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus) is a type of domesticated fowl, a subspecies of the red junglefowl (Gallus gallus). There are more chickens in the world than any other bird or domesticated fowl.
This super speedy version is perfect for an easy, awesome weeknight meal. Serve these chicken thighs with all of the delicious lemon-caper sauce over angel hair pasta. Chicken recipes are a family-favorite any time of year. You can cook Chicken & Orzo Soup using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken & Orzo Soup
- Prepare 2 of large chicken breasts; butterflied.
- It’s 1/4 C of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery; medium dice.
- It’s 1 of carrot; thin bias slices.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion; medium dice.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper; medium dice.
- You need 1 t of sweet paprika.
- You need 1 t of crushed pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 T of tomato paste.
- You need 6 C of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 C of orzo.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1/4 bundle of parsely; minced.
Jazz up this supper staple with flavorful recipes for roasted, baked, and fried chicken as well as chicken casserole, soup, salad, wings, pasta and more. From succulent roasted chicken to crispy, fried drumsticks, this lean meat is constantly being reinvented and used in hearty casseroles and standalone dishes for outstanding weeknight meals. Whether you're looking for new dinner ideas or a fun new appetizer for your next party, Betty's kitchen is home to all the must-make chicken recipes you need. Chock-full of chicken, potatoes, peas and corn, this recipe makes two golden pies, so you can serve one at supper and save the other for a busy night.
Chicken & Orzo Soup step by step
- Heat enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of a soup pot..
- Place flour in a small bowl with a large pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper..
- Dredge chicken in flour on both sides..
- Sear chicken on both sides then transfer to a plate..
- Add celery, carrots, bay leaf, onions, paprika, and bell pepper with a tiny bit of oil if necessary. Add salt and pepper..
- Saute until veggies are just starting to softened, about 5 minutes..
- Add tomato paste. Stir to coat. Cook until paste is caramelized, about 1-2 minutes..
- Add 1 C of chicken stock. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan..
- Add remaining chicken stock and orzo. Simmer until chicken is fully cooked through and orzo is tender, about 25 minutes. Remove bay leaf..
- Remove chicken with tongs and shred into a seperate bowl. Return back to soup. Alternatively, chop the chicken into cubes..
- Garnish with parsley..
- Variations; Asparagus, artichoke, barley, avocado, couscous, chickpeas, eggplant, leeks, corn, zucchini, beets, bell peppers, capers, cannellini beans, white beans, green beans, kidney beans, cayenne, swiss chard, cream, sour cream, chives, chervil, cilantro, scallions, coriander, cumin, lemon thyme, dill, beets, farro, bulgur wheat, dijon, rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, mint, marjoram, olives, parsnips, quinoa, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, celery root, celery seed, saffron, shallots,.
- Cont'd: savory, spinach, soy sauce, thyme, vegetable stock, red wine, red wine vinegar, tarragon, sherry, dill, worcestershire sauce, butter, roux, smoked paprika,.
This is the best chicken potpie recipe to have on hand when company comes over. —Karen Johnson, Bakersfield, California Chicken Tetrazzini combines cooked vermicelli, chicken, and mushrooms with a rich sherry-Parmesan cheese sauce. The mixture is sprinkled with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and baked until bubbly and golden. This is a great way to use leftover cooked chicken. Parmesan is full of flavor, so a little goes a long way. Chicken thighs make an easy and inexpensive dinner.