Kale Potato Soup. This Creamy Potato Kale Soup is beyond velvety! Sausage, kale, and potatoes give a creamy Italian-inspired soup a hearty, rich flavor. Season with black pepper; stir kale into soup.
Here's what you'll need to make this soup This simple, creamy potato soup is easy to make in an Instant Pot or any electric pressure cooker. Though kale probably originated in the dry heat of the Mediterranean, it became a fixture in the kitchens of northern Europe In Scotland, according to the author Elizabeth Schneider, "to come to cail. This Sweet Potato Kale Soup is easy, cozy, and healthy! You can cook Kale Potato Soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kale Potato Soup
- Prepare 4 cup of broth vegetable or chicken.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of kale in bite size pieces.
- You need 1 large of carrot.
- You need 2 large of potatoes.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or more to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 2 each of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of walnut oil for drizzling.
These steamy bowls of vegetables, chickpeas, and flavorful broth won't last long at your table. Is it wrong to say that Sweet Potato & Kale. A few more hearty soup recipes are Leftover Ham Bone Soup with Potatoes and Cabbage, Chicken Soup with Spinach and Whole Wheat Acini di Pepe and Chicken Sweet Potato and Kale Soup. THIS Smoked Sausage Kale and Potato Soup is everything!
Kale Potato Soup step by step
- This kale potato soup is light, healthy and made with simple ingredients..
- Spice mix:.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil and add in chopped potatoes and carrots, parsley, bay leaf and nutmeg. Maintain at a simmer, cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until potato is soft, but maintains shape..
- In a separate sauce pan heat the garlic and turmeric in oil until well incorporated..
- Pour spice mix into large sauce pan with broth..
- Add kale. Push down with wooden spoon to incorporate and cook until the kale begins to wilt..
- Salt and pepper to taste..
- When ready to serve, lightly drizzle walnut oil and garnish with fresh parsley..
This soup is total detox in a bowl. Like it's impossible to get sick if you're eating it. Chock full of veggies, fiberful lentils and chunks of taters, this truly is one hearty bowl of heaven. We don't know anyone who truly enjoys kale on it's own, but in an amazing soup like this, we can't get enough of it! (Click "show more" for links). It's hard to come up with a more nutritious dish than this kale and sweet potato soup.