Cheesy Spinach, Meatball & Potato Bake. This is a recipe for a delicious and cheesy creamed spinach. It's easy and tastes much better than any store bought or frozen versions. I made it for Thanksgiving and it was great!
Your family will love these delicious Cheesy Turkey Meatballs with Spinach and you'll love that you were able to sneak some veggies in! This recipe is my mom's favourite way to eat spinach! Spinach cooked in a cheese sauce that is creamy yet not too heavy. You can cook Cheesy Spinach, Meatball & Potato Bake using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Spinach, Meatball & Potato Bake
- Prepare 5 of large potatoes, peeled & sliced into 1.5cm rounds.
- You need 600 g of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped .
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 300 g of spinach, chopped.
- It’s 250 ml of cream.
- It’s 150 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 sachet (50 g) of thick white onion soup .
- Prepare 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese .
Spinach Balls Recipe For Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner. While meatballs are cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions. How to Make Chicken Spinach Meatballs. The new meatball features some of the usual suspects like basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic, so the switch-up came in the form of ground chicken and spinach.
Cheesy Spinach, Meatball & Potato Bake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and grease a medium round or oval baking dish..
- Put the potatoes in a medium pot with salted water, bring to a boil, and allow to cook for about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes..
- Half-fill a large pan with water and bring it to the boil. Put the spinach into the boiling water. Bring to the boil again and cook for 1 minute. Drain it through a colander and allow all the excess water to run out, pressing it with the back of a spoon will help force excess water out of the spinach through the colander..
- In the meantime, mix together the ground beef, onion, garlic, turmeric, parsley, salt and pepper..
- Divide the mince into 8 equal sized pieces and roll into round balls. .
- Place a layer of potato slices in the base of the baking dish as well as around the sides. Then place the spinach in an even layer on the potatoes on the base. Now top with the meatballs. Place more potato slices between the meatballs..
- Whisk together the cream, milk and white onion soup powder until thickened. Pour this over the meatballs and potatoes..
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 55 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the meatballs are cooked. Remove the foil, sprinkle over the grated cheese and bake until golden and melted, about 10-15 minutes. .
In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, Italian sausage, garlic, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, bread. In this turkey-spinach meatballs recipe, you brown them under the broiler instead of in the pan. meatballs. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray. You'll have a hard time deciding which is more delicious: the soft and fluffy homemade dough or the cream cheese and spinach filling! Cheesy, savory Spinach balls are a kid-approved spinach recipe that's perfect to pack into a lunchbox or serve as a These cheesy, savory spinach balls are the easiest way to get kids to eat spinach!