Potato & Leek Soup. The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family, Solanaceae. Potato is an instant messaging tool focused on security. It is faster, safer, more open and completely free.
Potato Potato Facts and Figures How Potato Grows Potato Nutrition Native Potato Varieties Wild Potato Species Potato Processing and Uses Potato Pests and Diseases. The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum) is a member of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, a family of flowering plants that also includes the eggplant, mandrake, deadly nightshade or belladonna, tobacco, tomato, and petunia. A perennial plant in the nightshade family that was first cultivated in. You can cook Potato & Leek Soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato & Leek Soup
- Prepare 4 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Leeks.
- It’s 3 of Mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 of Large Onion.
- It’s 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Celery Stalk.
- Prepare 4 Slices of Thick Cut Bacon.
- You need 4 1/2 Cups of Chicken Stock.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Seasoned Salt.
- You need of Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare of Parsley Flakes.
- You need of Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 4 Tbs of Butter.
- You need Half of & Half.
Borrowed from Spanish patata, itself borrowed from Taíno batata. (UK) IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.təʊ/, [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪtʰəʊ]. (General American) enPR: pə-tāʹtō, IPA(key): /pəˈteɪ.toʊ/, [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪɾoʊ], [pʰə̥ˈtʰeɪɾə]. Wikipedia Article About Potato on Wikipedia. The potato (plural form: potatoes) (Solanum tuberosum) is a perennial plant of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, grown for its starchy tuber. Potato, annual plant in the nightshade family, grown for its starchy edible tubers.
Potato & Leek Soup instructions
- Get a pot of water boiling for the potatoes immediately. Bring to a boil while washing and prepping veggies. Slowly cook bacon while preforming afore mentioned tasks..
- Remove bacon and allow to drain. Place veggies into bacon fat and sauté. Season. After sweating vegetables, add in chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then a slow simmer..
- Remove potatoes and mash with butter and Half & Half. The amount of liquid will depend on the size of the potatoes. Feel it out. Season. Add mashed potatoes to soup and whisk in..
- After brought back to a simmer, add in Half & Half. Use enough to make it change color. Chop three slices of bacon and add to soup. (If you don’t have enough Chicken Stock, you can use some of the potato water, by the way)..
- Plate. Finish with parsley flakes, a bit of grated Parmesan cheese and some of the remaining piece of bacon..
Potatoes are frequently served whole or mashed as a cooked vegetable and are also ground into potato flour. Learn about potato nutrition, types of potatoes, fun facts and history. Meaning of potato in English. b : the tuber of a potato. — called also Irish potato, spud, white potato. Recent Examples on the Web For example, Matcha Kit Kat in Japan or the savory varieties of potato chips around the globe. The site owner hides the web page description. potato.