Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. Cover and cook on low heat for Tried someone else's recipe for a loaded baked potato soup and it DID NOT turn out how I expected lol. There was too much back and forth to the.
Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. This comforting, creamy, slow cooker loaded potato soup is perfect on those chilly winter nights. You can have Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup
- It’s 4 of large russets (peeled and cubed).
- It’s 1 of small white onion (chopped).
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 6 strips of thick cut bacon diced (cooked and divided).
- You need 1 tbs of garlic (minced).
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper (to taste).
- Prepare of For the rue:.
- You need 4 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 6 Oz of heavy cream.
- Prepare 6 Oz of cheddar cheese (grated).
- It’s of Optional toppings:.
- You need of Diced bacon.
- Prepare of Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare of Sliced green onions.
You'll love this Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup packed with bacon, ham and cheese. Creamy soups like this are the perfect comfort food during long winters! If you're looking for Ashlyn, you'll find her over at Kenarry today where she's sharing an amazing Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup. All Reviews for ORE-IDA Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup.
Amazing Slow-Cooker Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Cook bacon in your preferred method. (I always bake mine at 400° for 17-20 mins if thick cut).
- While bacon is cooking, peel and cube potatoes and chop onion..
- Once bacon is done and drained, dice about 2-3 pieces leaving the remaining for topping later on..
- Place potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, and the 2-3 pieces of diced bacon in the slow-cooker and cook on low heat for 4-6 hrs. stirring maybe once and hour. When the potatoes are tender, lightly mash..
- Around the 4 hour mark, gather the ingredients for the rue. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly and cook until is just starts to bubble. Add cream slowly while continuing to whisk. Add sour cream and cheddar and stir to combine..
- Add rue to slow-cooker and continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes. Serve with optional toppings..
I adder diced Ham and Bacon bits with Hash brown potatoes and loads of sharp cheddar cheese. I added the tiny cheese its for extra crunch. This loaded potato soup is made entirely in the slow cooker and tastes just like a loaded baked potato, yet is lightened up so you can have a guilt-free bowl! Add all vegetables to slow cooker bowl. Perfect for these cold, winter night.