Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup. Stir in water, un-drained tomatoes, carrots, celery, bouillon granules, sugar, basil, salt, thyme, savory, mace, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Tomato vegetable soup is a simple, comforting and tasty way to eat more veggies. And you can make it on the stovetop or in your Instant Pot.🎉.
After simmering, the soup is pureed. Stir in the garlic and parsley, then add the chopped Italian tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes. Cook's notes: For a vegetarian option, substitute with ready-cooked falafel or add a can of ,chickpeas and use vegetable stock. You can have Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup
- You need of Sweat.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 C of small diced yellow onion or leek or shallots.
- You need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of herbes de provence.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s of Sauté.
- You need 1 C of diced tomatoes.
- You need of First simmer.
- Prepare 1 C of large diced potatoes.
- You need 1 C of oblique or thick rounds or large diced carrots.
- It’s of ~6 C water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable stock powder or 1 to 2 vegetable boullion cubes.
- You need of Second Simmer.
- You need 1 of small crown of broccoli, florets separated, stalk peeled and large diced.
- It’s 1 C of large diced or thick quarter rounds of zucchini.
- You need 1 C of chopped Italian kale.
- It’s 1.5 C of or 1 can cooked cannelleni or white beans.
- It’s to taste of Salt and ground black pepper.
Tomato sauce—basic, herbed, or with vegetables added—is easily made from tomatoes fresh from the garden or tomatoes frozen last harvest. Use tomato sauce on pastas, pizzas, vegetables, or soups. The key to flavorful tomato sauce is ripe, juicy tomatoes—the fresher the tomatoes the more. Even though it's not stock-based, this warming vegetable soup has plenty of flavor thanks to the liberal use of herbs and spices.
Herbed Tomato Vegetable Soup step by step
- In a 4 quart/liter saucepan, sweat onions garlic and aromatics over medium-low heat until onions are transparent. 5-10 minutes..
- Add diced tomatoes, increase heat to medium and sauté 5 minutes until tomatoes soften..
- Add potatoes and carrots and enough water to cover by a couple inches or 5 cm. Add stock powder or bouillon and salt to taste. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add broccoli and beans. Return to simmer and cook until broccoli is just tender and beans are heated through. 5-10 minutes. Add cracked black pepper to taste..
Fresh Roma tomatoes and homemade vegetable broth are the base to this savory tomato soup. As the soup simmers, it's thickened with creamy As the soup simmers, it's thickened with creamy coconut milk and flavored with herbs and spices. A generous helping of tender forbidden black rice. Yellow Squash Soup With Cilantro Sour Cream. This tomato soup is excellent with canned tomatoes.