Leek soup with cream and curry. But you can bottle it, and that's exactly what we did. Introducing a soup with nothing to hide. We don't leave taste to the imagination.
You can use end-of-the-season produce and after it's pureed you'll still end up with a gorgeous, luxurious silky soup. Great recipe for Leek soup with cream and curry. This soup is eaten best in the autumn and winter seasons. You can have Leek soup with cream and curry using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leek soup with cream and curry
- It’s 400-600 grams of fresh leek stalks (medium thick have best taste).
- It’s 1 of medium sized yellow onion.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized soft boiling potatoes.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 liter of stock (chicken, vegetable or beef).
- Prepare 100 ml of cooking cream.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cream butter.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of yellow curry powder.
- You need of some fresh ground black pepper and sea salt.
- You need of electrical blender.
It's full of vitamins and minerals to get you through these cold months. The potatoes and cream give it a nice creamy texture. Eat with some fresh rye bread topped with butter and a slice of. Melt butter in a stockpot over medium heat.
Leek soup with cream and curry instructions
- Bring a small pan of water to a boil for the potatoes, they need longer than the soup so I always boil separate, not a must though.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in 1cm cubes, add to the boiling water with a little salt and boil for 20 minutes untill soft.
- Meanwhile cut the onion and garlic in small pieces and put aside.
- Cut the leek in the length and then in half rings, take the rings apart and wash off thoroughly all the sand and mud in a big sif, keep a few rings separate to garnish the soup when served.
- Put a 2-3 liter soup pan on medium heat with the cream butter.
- When the butter is hot add the onion and garlic and fry the slowly untill soft, when half done, add the curry powder.
- Now add the stock, the leek and the potato cubes and bring to a boil, then put the heat down and let it softly boil for 10 minutes.
- Use the electrical hand blender to blend the soup smooth.
- Add the cream, some pepper and salt and maybe a little more curry powder to taste and again heat up, when it boils it's done.
- Add to a bowl or soup plate and garnish with some leek rings.
Heat butter in a large pot. Add leeks, celery, chopped garlic and curry powder. Coconut Curry Soup with leeks is a healthy soup recipe made in the Instant Pot. With one substitution this easy soup recipe can be made vegan or vegetarian. If you're looking for a tasty dinner recipe that your entire family will love, this Coconut Curry Leek Soup is it!