potato and ham soup. Soup so good we couldn't hide it in a can. Bring high-quality ingredients and flavors to your pantry. Delicious Ham and Potato Soup Delicious Ham and Potato Soup.
Stir to combine and heat through. Cube potatoes and ham; Place potatoes, ham and onions in a saucepot with a small amount of water, enough to cover the potatoes and ham; Add lots of pepper and enough salt to taste; Cook until potatoes are tender; Add butter and milk, stirring constantly. Purée half of the soup so that some of the potatoes get puréed to give the soup body, and there are still whole chunks of potatoes for texture. You can have potato and ham soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of potato and ham soup
- It’s 2 medium of red potatoe.
- Prepare 2 medium of russet potatoe.
- You need 1 large of baking potatoe ( leftovers if you have one ).
- You need 6 slice of thick cut bacon.
- It’s 2 medium of slices of country ham ( bone in ).
- It’s 1/2 cup of frozen onion mix.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of half & half.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
There's nothing more comforting than a bowl of hearty, creamy ham and potato soup. Perfect for busy weeknights or for when you're craving a hearty meal! Heat oil (or melt butter) in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Stir in the celery, carrots and garlic.
potato and ham soup instructions
- heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in stock pot, cut bacon and ham into chunks cook in stock pot until brown add onion mix and cook until tender. add chicken stock and simmer cut up red potatoes in bite size pieces. cut up russet potatoes in medium size pieces. add to chicken broth and simmer until tender.
- add water and half and half and baking potato ( chopped into chunks ) in to soup mash down soup mixture with a potato masher about 3 or 4 times leaving plenty of chunks season with your favorite seasoning. simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes..
Turkey 'ham' also works well with scalloped potatoes, bean soup, pea soup… any place you'd use pork ham. I've even used vegan hot dogs, which taste fine, but the texture is a little off. I have a vegan "pork" bullion that I found in an Asian market, and I use it in LOTS of vegan dishes. Ham and Potato Soup is a cool weather staple around here and it's easy to make in the crock pot and perfect for any leftover baked ham! A simple and delicious soup loaded with potatoes, sweet carrots and tender ham cooks in the slow cooker all day so dinner is ready when you are.