Pot roast (crockpot). Notes on the Perfect Crock Pot Roast Recipe. We used brown gravy mix in this recipe. I made up The Perfect Crock Pot Roast in good ol' Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker).
I have tried a couple others from the site in my crock pot, but none were as easy and delicious as this one! Thinly slice roast and arrange on top of vegetables on a platter. Skim fat from extra juices in slow cooker and. You can have Pot roast (crockpot) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pot roast (crockpot)
- Prepare 3 lb of roast.
- It’s 1 of flour to coat roast.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of packed of dry onion soup mix.
- Prepare 2 can of golden mushroom soup.
- Prepare 2 can of water.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 packet of dry brown gravy mix.
- It’s 1 of garic powder to taste.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of onion quartered.
- You need 5 of carrots peeled and sliced thick.
- It’s 4 of potatoes cut into thick chunks.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks cut thick.
Place chuck roast, butter and pepperoncini juice into the crock pot. Sprinkle over with dry ranch dressing mix and au jus gravy mix. Shred roast with a fork and serve. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
Pot roast (crockpot) instructions
- Sprinkle entire roast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. roll roast in flour till well coated and brown in oil on med high heat on all sides..
- While browning meat whisk together the mushroom soup, water, broth, garlic, gravy mix and onion mix in crock pot. once roast is done browning. place in crock pot and spoon the wet mixture all over top..
- Add all your veggies. no specific order is necessary. cover and cook on high heat for 8 hrs…..
- I LOVE THIS POT ROAST. Its so tender everytime… enjoy!.
Now making my FIRST post roast using chuck … AND I had bought the slow cooker crock pot… BUT not the one that is digital and allows browning…. Does it brown because it has heating elements in the bottom as well as the sides? Great recipe, and the mushrooms/onions/garlic mixture on top of the meat is great; I used this as a basis for my crockpot pot roast today. I was not a fan of pot roast, especially in a crock pot. No butter at all, no liquid at all.