Sig's Beetroot, Cumin and Salmon Soup. Sig's Beetroot, Cumin and Salmon Soup I love beetroot but not when it's pickled. This soup can be eaten hot in colder month and cold in warmer month. A great way to use beetroot is in a simple yet vibrant sauce that is super easy to make.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Cook until aromatic, then add the vinegar and give everything a good stir. This soup can be eaten hot in colder month and cold in warmer month. You can have Sig's Beetroot, Cumin and Salmon Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sig's Beetroot, Cumin and Salmon Soup
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- It’s 1 of potato 200-215 g not the ones that boil to a mash.
- You need 2 of fresh beetroot about 400 g.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter or margerine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds or more if liked.
- Prepare 1 ltr of instant vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 glass of red sweet wine.
- You need 4 of small, thick cut pieces of cooked peppered salmon.
- Prepare 1 of small tub of creme fraiche.
- It’s of Sorry that I dont have more photos, made this a long time ago.
Jeera Veg Pulav (Cumin Veg Pulav). Good beets should start out fresh—forget the canned stuff. They should be firm when you buy them, and not soft to the touch. When making oven-roasted beets , give them a good scrub with a brush, then go ahead and roast them whole—the skins will magically slip right off when they're done.
Sig's Beetroot, Cumin and Salmon Soup step by step
- First boil your peeled potatoes in the stock together with the peeled beetroot. (do wear gloves when peeling beetroot and protect your clothing. ( At this point you may use fresh bought peeled beetroot that has not been pickled.)).
- Slightly popp the cumin seeds in the melted butter add about 3/4 to the stock with the potatoes and beetroot. Keep the rest of the seed for garnish..
- When both the potatoes and beetroot are cooked, break down in food processor until very smooth in the stock..
- Add the wine and keep at a gentle heat or let cool, as this soup is also amazing eaten cold..
- Separate each of the cooked peppered salmon (hot or cold) into thirds. Serve in bowls garnished with a good dollop of creme fraiche. Garnish with bits of green herbs. Sprinkle with the rest of cumin..
- You may use steamed celeriac instead of the salmon..
This soup can be eaten hot in colder month and cold in warmer month. I cook ingredients in stock, then season with Soy Sauce, Miso or etc. For the soup, heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots, salt and cumin seeds and fry gently for a few minutes until the shallots have softened. Peel beetroot and cut into wedges.