Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream). A French classic, this creamy potato leek soup is quick, easy, and delicious! Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. Learn how to make leek and potato soup the fast and easy way with this fun video.
Using a stick blender, whiz the vegetables to the consistency and texture you like. You can leave the soup chunky or blend it until smooth. Add sautéed leeks and onion, garlic, potato cubes and spices. You can cook Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream)
- It’s 2 large of leeks, thinly slice.
- It’s 2 large of peeled potatos, 1 cubed and 1 in half.
- It’s 2 stick of celery, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 4 clove of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 4 can of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of grapeseed oil.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
All Reviews for Creamy Potato Leek Soup II. Reviews for: Photos of Creamy Potato Leek Soup II. Delicious with or without the cream (for dieters)! Even better if you throw everything but the cream in right away to boil into the soup!
Creamy leek potatoe soup (without the cream) step by step
- In a large pot, add the grapeseed oil, sauteè all the veggies, except the pitatoes, untill wilted.
- Add the chicken broth, the potatoes and the thyme.boil until the potatoes are soft..
- Take out the whole potatoes and 1/2 cup of liquid and pour both in a blender until becomes creamy.
- Return the blended potatoe to the boiling pot, reduce to medium temperature and incorporate completely..
- Move constantly for 15 more minutes.
- Add salt if you like, doesn't need it..
Potato Leek Soup is a classic! Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. No need for cream to make this soup creamy! Potato Leek Soup is a simple & light yet comforting soup, made with the classic combo – potatoes, leeks, stock, and heavy cream. Did you know Leek Soup has strong ties with Welsh cuisine?