BBQ Chicken Quesadilla.
You can have BBQ Chicken Quesadilla using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- You need 1 of Non-stick spray, enough to coat pan..
- Prepare 2 lb of Chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Hickory rub.
- You need 1/2 of Red onion, diced finely.
- It’s 1 tsp of Liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 6 of Burrito tortillas.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Jack Daniels Original No. 7 Recipe BBQ Sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Shredded cheese (I used a mix of cheddar, Monterey Jack, asadero, and queso quesadilla).
BBQ Chicken Quesadilla step by step
- Spray a pan with the non-stick spray..
- Remove any fat, skin, or bones from the breasts and cut into small chunks..
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and hickory rub, then add to the hot pan over medium-high heat..
- Dice red onion, add to the pan, and stir to incorporate..
- Add the liquid smoke and vinegar to the pan and mix to incorporate..
- Layout the tortillas..
- Add the BBQ sauce to the tortillas and spread to coat..
- Add the cheese to the tortillas..
- Complete cooking the chicken and add to a half of each tortilla..
- Fold the tortillas in half..
- Place the quesadillas in the pan and cook until the side down becomes crispy, but not burnt..
- Flip quesadillas and repeat..
- Remove the quesadillas and cut as you see fit..
- Enjoy hot. Pairs nicely with a peach iced tea (I used sweet tea and added peach schnapps, tequila, and vodka)..